How does watching sport inspire us?

Happy Friyay people! We have now finished day 7 of The 2020 Olympics. I have to say, the UK are doing well, but at the same time, we could still be better, as we're only at the halfway mark during the duration of the games taking place.

Yes, my above title will be related to The Olympics, as I really find it fascinating how it can inspire us all around. Plus, I thought about selecting the most appropriate picture too!

My objective for this post, will be to further inspire the minds of other people, when I explain all of the how's and why's in my thoughts explanation.


  Why are The Olympics so popular to the public?

The Olympic Games have been an ongoing 4 year tradition, ever since its first games hosted in Athens - Greece in 1896. The games had a vary of events, such as: running, long jump, boxing and javelin.

Even though, technology was non-existent back then, so everyone had to use their own imagination to think of the many ways they can recreate THEIR own Olympic Games, by using sticks, walls and heavy rocks for the lifting.

Nowadays, technology is the most popular form of entertainment, so we were now able to use special gym equipment to help work us out and then make endless videos for other people's amusement, as well as inspiration. Plus, we have now got many newly invented events, such as: swimming, skateboarding, fencing and cycling.

Overall, the more games there are and the more people there are, the better the attraction. 



How can they inspire us and why?

By watching different athletes doing different sports, they perform them in such a professional way, that it makes your mind say "WOW! I love watching the athletes run like that. I reckon I could do that myself!" This is where your mind starts filling up with initiative ideas with training yourself up to become a just as good enough athlete as THAT person you watched. Your mind will keep on telling you to watch them, to help you become better an better, until you get to that stage where you're ready to progress onto Olympic level training. The same goes for any other sport.

Not only can you get inspiration from Olympic athletes, you can also get it from internet videos (YouTube) or on social media of other people doing these Olympic style training by using THEIR own initiative ideas which helps THEM train, until they get to the Olympic level. You never know, they could be your friends or family!




I think I've explained everything for today's post. Thank you for taking your time to read through. Please do feel free to let me know what your thoughts are in the comments or in person and have a great weekend!😊    



Comments

  1. You've obviously given this subject a lot of thought Lauren and I totally agree with your comments. To achieve anything in life, it takes hard work and dedication and you totally understand that. Well done. 😘😘
    Nan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why looking after your mental health is important during the autumn season

My thoughts on Shappi Khorsandi's book: Scatterbrain (ADHD awareness & insight post)

Top 10 characteristics of resilience