A little something for #InternationalVolunteerDay

Good evening everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your week so far. I know that I am 2 days late, but I felt like doing a post based on International Volunteer Day. And since I have a voluntary job myself, I want to provide you with some useful & inspirational insight that will, hopefully, reduce the stereotypical stigma of not being a "proper" or "actual" job just because it doesn't pay you money.


Since the 18th of January, I have been working at a local MIND Charity shop as a shop volunteer, and have enjoyed every second of it to this day.

Not only am I enjoying working for a charity that I am hugely passionate about, but every job I do in the shop helps to go to a well worthy cause, as well as support the community.

Now, some of you might be reading this thinking to yourselves: "Why would you want to do a job that is not earning you money?" Here's my personal response: It's not about the money, it's about working with people in the community who truly benefit from a charitable cause, such as MIND.

Moreover from the above paragraph, having a voluntary job is a great way of getting into employment, as it looks good on your CV. Plus, you also get the chance to learn a lot of new skills & qualities to put on your CV as well! No wonder why paid job employers get impressed when they see it on your CV, as volunteering shows you are all about community & people.

To conclude this post with a personal insight, having a voluntary job, or just any type of voluntary works, helps me to feel good & positive about myself. And for what it's worth, volunteering can go a long way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why looking after your mental health is important during the autumn season

My thoughts on Shappi Khorsandi's book: Scatterbrain (ADHD awareness & insight post)

Top 10 characteristics of resilience