"Putting yourself in other people's shoes"

Once again, I've recently been keeping myself occupied with revision, so I haven't found the time to make a post on here. But here I am now, and I somehow feel like talking about the expression in the above title.


This expression: "Putting yourself in other people's shoes" means that you try to imagine yourself how other people are feeling or how other people see the world.

A good example of doing so, would be to imagine how your friend feels about going on a rollercoaster. You may find going on a rollercoaster a walk in the park, but however, your friend sees this task as the most traumatic experience ever.

This is when you think about all of the emotions that are currently going through their head, anxiety, fear, panic and doubt. Use your vision of how you see the whole 'going on a rollercoaster' scenario, to help your friend to be able to "Put them in YOUR shoes."

With enough explanation, they'll eventually see your vision that going on a rollercoaster isn't so bad after all! 



I think I've covered every detail for this topic now. Thank you for reading, do feel free to comment about a similar experience you had with this expression, and I'll be back soon!

Comments

  1. Another well expressed blog post Lauren and I concur with everything you say, as I have had to do just this when dealing with K on many occasions, as you well know. She's such a kind person with a big heart, but just doesn't always see things or the world as other people do. 💕💕
    Lynda (Nan)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why looking after your mental health is important during the autumn season

My thoughts on Shappi Khorsandi's book: Scatterbrain (ADHD awareness & insight post)

Top 10 characteristics of resilience